Welcome to the peanut butter banana smoothie recipe, one of our very own ultimate delicacy. Smoothies are on-the-go breakfast options trending right now.
The simplicity yet richness of the smoothie is not only restricted to the breakfast. But also for an afternoon drink, after lunch or dinner as a dessert. It can give you a breather at your workplace. It’s a perfect drink that can replace any of your favorite snacks.
If you ask us for an opinion over healthy, flavorsome, and quick snack alternatives in your diet, then we would surely recommend any banana-based smoothie! The creaminess of the banana is just a perfect alternative of artificially sweetened ice-cream and or any banana milkshake.
Well! You have heard that a banana milkshake is a banana smoothie. The topic is highly debatable, but nothing matters when it is mouth-wateringly delicious.
The classic banana smoothie is a wholesome drink, but you can customize it to your preference. One of our preferred flavors is the nutty and creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. The warmth of hearty peanut butter with icy bananas can probably heal souls.
Aren’t you curious how?
Well, we have a decent peanut butter banana smoothie recipe for you to test.
You are going to learn about
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Peanut butter banana smoothie is a great energy booster to kickstart your day. Whether you are trying to adopt a healthy diet or want to fulfill any required nutrients in the body, this smoothie is a perfect remedy. Say goodbye to the medicinal nutrients.
Without adding extra protein powder, you can get up to 12 grams of protein in just one glass. It is not just a yummy drink but a power booster also.
You can perfect this easy recipe with a few quality ingredients and the right choice of a blender. Here are the few points to understand before jumping into how to make peanut butter smoothie with a banana base:
- Use all-frozen bananas: Banana is a hero in smoothies. When you blend frozen bananas, they turn into a thick and creamy texture. Many people use these icy and fluffy bananas as an alternative as vegan or non-dairy ice-cream. It can be added to milkshakes also. Few recipes may suggest using overly ripped bananas, but it is all up to you. As long as we have frozen bananas, the texture of the smoothie will be amazing.
- A powerful blender: Since we are using solid hard frozen bananas in the recipe, the mixer plays a vital role in the smoothie texture. When the frozen banana is blissed in a blender, the powerful motor and blade come under pressure. The chance of ruining is not just the ingredient but also the blades and motor of the blender.
In need of guidance for a powerful yet portable smoothie blender, we have a list of some potential smoothie blenders available in the market. Click here for more.
- Dairy or non-dairy milk: Milk will work as a binding element in our recipe. You can use any type of milk you usually use. We recommend coconut milk, hemp milk, cashew nut milk, and almond milk for our vegan friends.
- No additional sugar: Bananas are gifted with natural and healthy sweetness. The natural sweetness is good enough to balance out the nutty peanut butter. Moreover, the store-bought peanut butter also has sugar added in them. You don’t want an overpowering sweet drink.
- Say no to ice: Nothing can beat a sensation of chilled smoothie on your tongue. It soothes the body and mind also. Few recipes may mention adding ice to the smoothie, but the frozen bananas serve the cause. However, ice will dilute the taste of the smoothie, and with time can it watery as well.
- No need for yogurt: People love to add yogurt in their smoothie for creaminess, but we recommend not in peanut butter and banana milkshake or smoothie. The creamy peanut butter with fluffy blended bananas is decadent enough and creamy for you, and everyone.
How to make peanut butter smoothie?
The preparation of peanut butter and banana is effortless. However, it requires just three primary ingredients and a good blender. It is as easy as pie. The recipe we are sharing is for one serving of yummilicious Peanut butter and banana smoothie.
Looking for some more tasty smoothie recipes? Here are a few of my faves!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 Frozen Banana
- ¾ Cup Milk of Choice
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
Variations in Blend
- The alternative to peanut butter: Few people among us may suffer from allergy from the peanuts. It’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t mean that they can’t enjoy the texture and flavor of peanut butter. There are a lot of alternatives available for it. We recommend using the pb2.
- Chocolate: Chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect and a notorious pairing. Moreover, it will fulfill the guilty pleasure you didn’t know ever existed. Therefore, we recommend adding 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder while blending the ingredients. We can also add chocolate syrup in the glass for presentation and over the peanut butter smoothie before serving.
- Protein Powder: The smoothie on its own doesn’t need any other proteins added to it but feel free to add the scoop of your favorite powders.
- Flax Seeds: If you are a fan of flax seeds, feel free to top of the shake. It will give a crunchy element to the peanut butter and banana
- Add all the ingredients in a blender. We are using Vitamix Explorian Blender. It’s perfect for blending rock-solid bananas.
- Blend the mixture until smooth. Don’t overmix the ingredients; otherwise, it will get a consistency of a milkshake.
- Ready to Serve.
We guarantee you that you will be satisfied with the taste and energy it provides for the day. The simplicity of the recipe makes it a favorite smoothie in our household and especially among our little and picky angels. At least we got them to drink banana if they are picky about it.
Let your comments down below to share your version of this classic peanut butter and banana fusion. We would love to hear it.
Related Buying Guides:
- Best Ninja Blenders – Reviews & Buyer Guide Never Seen Before
- Best Portable Blender for Crushing Ice – The Ultimate Guide
- 15 Best Portable Blender for Smoothies You Should Buy Right Now
- Top 20 Best Portable Blender for Travel in the Market – [Reviewed]
- Top 30 Best Portable Blender 2020 That Sell Like Crazy