Start your day off with this really special tropical smoothie recipe. When the super-hot summer season is around the corner, we all rush to find new tropical smoothie recipes.
The season gives a variety of fruits that you can use to create dozens of combinations to get delicious and refreshing tropical smoothies.
With the blazing sun upon us, you can either get a tropical cafe smoothie or try different homemade smoothies, whatever satisfies your taste buds.
The best part is when you go for grocery shopping and find beautiful colorful fresh tropical fruit waiting in the fruit aisle just for you, how your mind starts processing 100 different ways of enjoying the freshness and goodness of these fruits.
A perfect tropical smoothie recipe is not only delicious but also has several amazing health benefits. Apart from containing the basic fruit benefits, the tropical smoothies are ideal meal replacements and thus also aid in weight loss.
Moreover, homemade smoothies are considered the healthiest option, and the good news is! It is a super easy recipe for you to make. The only word that comes out of your mouth is “YUM!”
You are going to learn about
Tropical smoothies are a combination of tropical fruits and vegetables along with nuts and seeds. These are incredibly healthy for your body and skin. They are packed with loads of fiber that not only keeps you fuller but also maintains the cleansing process of your body. Furthermore, tropical smoothies are a fantastic source of nutrients like Vitamin A, C, potassium, folate, etc.
There are several smoothie ideas that you can use to make these healthy smoothies that fit your requirements. We all have our favorites, and our all-time favorite tropical smoothie is a blend of delicious tropical trio fruits that are pineapple, mangoes, and strawberries.
How to make a tropical smoothie?
Making a tropical smoothie is super easy and fun. All you need is a powerful blender, your favorite tropical fruits, and the zest of experimentation in creating new combinations. But you must keep these steps in your mind even if you are following a basic smoothie recipe.
- Use half-frozen fruits and half fresh: Let’s be honest, the chilled smoothie in warm summer is just perfect. and we call it smoothie because of its thick consistency too. Using half-frozen fruit will give the creamy consistency with a maximum punch of flavor and fresh fruits will help increase fluffiness and lightness.
- Blender: Your blend has a great impact on the smoothies since the highlight of the drink is the thick consistency and smooth texture. We recommend blender with a powerful motor and sharp blades.
If you are looking for one and too busy to visit the market yourself then we have compiled a list of the best and affordable high-quality blender. Click here to check them out.
- Flavored yogurt: Never opt for flavored yogurt. It will be the least ideal thing you will ever do to your smoothie!
- Fruit juice: Tempted to adjust the consistency of your smoothie? You might want to use the apple or orange juice as a part of your smoothie experiment, but BEWARE! It is not a good idea. Adding juices, especially the store-bought, have more sugar that will through off the nutritional balance of your smoothie.
- No Ice cream or Frozen yogurt: Again, adding ice-cream or frozen yogurt to your smoothie means you are willingly killing the health benefits of your smoothie and turning it into an unhealthy drink.
- No Sweetener: Craving for something sweet? Don’t even think about adding granulated sugar to your smoothie. If you want sweetness, add honey instead.
- Canned fruit: Canned fruit is an easy and convenient substitute, especially for tropical fruits. But truth be told, canned fruit is very unhealthy. So, if you want to store tropical fruits, the best way is to freeze them.
Tropical Smoothie Recipe
Although there are several fantastic fruit smoothie recipes, this tropical smoothie recipe will make you fall in love with it. Here’s what you need for this best smoothie recipe for one serving:
Looking for some more tasty smoothie recipes? Here are a few of my faves!
Tropical Smoothie Ingredients
- 1⁄3 Bowl of Yogurt
- ¼ Cup of Pineapple Juice
- ¼ Bowl of Fresh / Canned Pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup partial frozen strawberries
This tropical smoothie recipe is delicious, and there is always room for experimentation. You can add and change ingredients according to your choice. Here are some variations to get best smoothies:
- Vanilla: Adding vanilla to any sweet thing can raise its bar by thousand folds. A few drops of vanilla essence can intensify the flavors of your smoothie. For this reason, it is an integral part of all simple smoothie recipes.
- Protein powder: If you are on a diet, adding a scoop of protein powder to your tropical smoothie can make it a complete and healthy meal.
- Yogurt: Where most people use regular full-fat yogurt, Greek yogurt is also an essential part of all easy smoothie recipes. For maintaining the smoothness of your smoothie, try adding Greek yogurt with ¼ cup of milk.
- Flavorings: If you are a Macha person then we have good news for you! Adding Macha powder to your smoothie can take it to another level. You can also add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, acai powder, or even ½ tablespoon of cocoa powder to personalize your smoothie.
- Seeds: Seed adds an element of crunch in the smoothie. Our topic pick for seeds are just one tablespoon of Chia seed, you can either use both bloomed or fresh or crushed flax seeds.
- Add all the ingredients in your favorite smoothie blender, we are using Vitamix Explorian Blender.
- Blend until everything is entirely combined.
- You can also add more pineapple juice to get the consistency you like.
Everyone loves tropical smoothies, and because there are so many delicious fruits and combinations, you can try anything and everything. Making smoothies can be so much fun if you know the right combination. All you need is a promising smoothie blender and loads of fresh and frozen fruits. Give our easy smoothie recipes a go and let us know which combination worked well for you.
Related Buying Guides:
- Best Ninja Blenders – Reviews & Buyer Guide Never Seen Before
- Best Portable Blender for Crushing Ice – The Ultimate Guide
- 15 Best Portable Blender for Smoothies You Should Buy Right Now
- Top 20 Best Portable Blender for Travel in the Market – [Reviewed]
- Top 30 Best Portable Blender 2020 That Sell Like Crazy